Which operating systems are supported?
Starting from Corona Renderer 7, OS versions supported are only Mojave (10.14), Catalina (10.15), and Big Sur (11.x)
NOTE: It is important to note that we only support the latest 3 OS releases by Apple. As new OS is released, older OS will be removed from support. It is also worth mentioning that Corona & Cinema 4D can be run on M1 macs using Rosetta 2.
Working with Rosetta:
- First, please install the latest daily build of Corona v7 if you don't have it already.
- Then, you need to make sure Rosetta 2 is installed. You should be asked to install it any time you try to open any application that is compiled for Intel processors, so there is a good chance you already have it on your system. The quickest way to check it is to try to open Corona Image Editor - it should either open directly, meaning you already have Rosetta 2 installed, or ask you to install Rosetta 2.
- Afterward, you can just switch your Cinema 4D to start using Rosetta 2 so it can load Corona plugin. To do this, find Cinema 4D in your Applications folder, right-click (or ctrl+click) its icon, select "Get Info" and check "Open using Rosetta 2". After this, you should be able to open Cinema 4D as usual and Corona should load normally.
We realize this is not perfect and we are already investigating native support of M1 processors.
- Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 8.1 or newer)
- Corona is x64-compatible only
- Version for Linux is planned