Installer keeps telling me that an instance of 3ds Max is already running!
1. Even if it was closed, make sure that 3ds Max process is not runing in the background:
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del, select "Start Task Manager", go to "Processes" and look for "3dsmax.exe".
Tip: to localize 3dsmax.exe on the list quickly, press the "3" key on your keyboard.
If you can find it on the list, right-click on 3dsmax.exe and choose "End Process".
2. Automatically kill all 3dsmax processes:
Warning! This will kill all 3dsmax processes running at your computer! Note that this might kill any rendering jobs that might be running on the PC, as well as close all opened scenes without saving, use it at your own risk!
Press WindowsKey + R and paste this code into the newly opened text field:
taskkill /T /F /IM 3dsmax.exe
Then press Enter.
3. If the above solutions don't solve the issue:
This might suggest that some other application is running that creates 3dsmax processes. In such case, copying Corona installation files manually might help:
- Start the Universal Corona Installer
- On the page where you select plugins and utilities to install, select only "Just unpack" and click the "Browse" button next to it
- Pick a desired folder (other than 3ds Max directory)
- Press "next"
- After the installation is finished, go to the directory where the installation files were unpacked
- Copy the files from "3ds max 201X" directory into your 3ds Max root directory
In case none of these solutions worked, please contact us by submitting a new support ticket.