Volumetric FX - Known bugs and limitations
Currently Corona Renderer does not support features of various volumetric simulation plugins in one hundred percent. This is mainly due to the fact that those plugins have been developed with other renderers in mind, where, unlike in Corona, it is common to follow non-physical workflows. Another reason is that these plugins support various advanced VFX features, which are currently out of scope for Corona Renderer.
This article contains a list of known issues related to Corona Renderer and volumetric simulation plugins, and suggested solutions and workarounds. This includes:
Volumetric effects may not render as expected (may disappear completely, produce artifacts, or cause excessive noise or other unwanted issues) if:
- The camera is placed inside the medium (e.g. inside a Phoenix FD object, or inside a mesh with CoronaVolumeMtl applied)
- A light or object with CoronaLightMtl is placed inside the medium
- Two volumetric objects are intersecting with each other, for example:
- One volumetric object is inside another one
- One volumetric object overlaps with another one partly
- A volumetric object is placed within the global fog
We are planning to fix all of the above issues in the future.
For a list of other known bugs and limitations in Corona Renderer, see this article.